Can you develop microservices, API's and web based server-side applications with .NET and Umbraco? And do you want to be part of a growing business with over 330 exceptional employees? Then this might be the job for you:
A part of the team
Novicell is a leading digital consultancy that helps companies realise their digital potential. We combine technical expertise with creative innovation to deliver tailored solutions to our clients. Our diverse team of specialists work together with one goal in mind: to create exceptional results and push the boundaries of digital development.
We are about 30 good people in our London office, and you will also have over 330 great colleagues across 8 offices in 6 countries. Our offices are in London, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Aarhus, Aalborg, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo.
What will you be working on?
As a Senior Backend Developer, your primary tasks will include among other:
- Developing performance-critical and scalable microservices and APIs with state of the art technologies like .NET, C# and Cloud Services.
- New and further development of .NET and Umbraco sites.
- Take part in architecture decisions and documenting the results.
- Design and implement the interface between the client and server-side applications. This includes specifying and implementing REST APIs and working with real-time data and WebSockets.
- Integration between websites and various XML / JSON based web services
We build on the MACH architecture
- Microservices: Our APIs consist of micro-service runtimes that “talk” to each other, and our integration layer is built on Azure Functions
- API-first: All our solutions are API-driven, where the front end can deliver the best possible user experience on top of the underlying APIs
- Cloud Native: We use all the latest cloud services such as message queues, API gateways and Function Apps in Azure
- Headless: Underlying CMSs are used in headless format and presentation is not dictated by the CMS
Do you have what it takes?
- You have minimum 5 years of experience with .NET development in C#, SQL and Git - preferably from an agency or consultancy firm.
- You have experience with CMS system Umbraco or other such as Contentful, Storyblocks or other.
- Previous experience as a senior developer within a project team.
- You are familiar with basic software patterns and principles like SOLID, Domain Driven Development, Dependency Injection, CQRS etc.
- You have practical experience with SQL Server database and the SQL query language.
- You are familiar with Microservice based architectures and the principles of message queues.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is essential
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good mentoring skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technology like vue.js is a big plus.
- Knowledge about containerisation (Docker) and Infrastructure as code (Terraform) is a plus.
Get a chance to work at a 'flink' and 'flittig' workplace
Here at Novicell we have replaced extensive employee handbooks and ancient rules with dialogue, responsibility, and trust. We encourage social interaction to create an even better work environment and it is our shared opinion that work must be enjoyable! We strive to have fun while delivering the best results possible - why else devote so many waking hours together?
Novicell's motto is ‘flink" and "flittig" which is Danish for "kind" and "diligent". This means we treat each other well while providing the best possible service to our clients. More specifically this means we offer:
- An informal organization with a large degree of freedom and flexibility
- A creative and inspiring environment with the chance to influence the organization's development
- A strong social culture with many activities and events
- The industry's most "flinke" and "flittige" colleagues
Here at Novicell, you do not get extra points for being the last person at the office every day. We respect the difference between ‘’work time’’ and ‘’free time’’, therefore we encourage you to pack up at the end of the day, go home and do something else than working.
Salary and benefits
£55,000 – £70,000 depending on experience.
We’ve moved to a shiny, spacious new office in Shoreditch where you will be working from. Flexible working arrangements are in place across the organisation to ensure our employees are happy and productive.
- 7.5-hour workdays. As near to zero overtime as we (and you) can manage
- Private health insurance (with access to private GP/Nurse)
- "Study abroad" trips to Denmark, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden or Norway
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve as days off on top of your statutory allowance
- Annual summer company get-together in Denmark
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Serviced office with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, coffee, beer, and all the trimmings
- Excellent training and CPD opportunities
- We are located at 21-33 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EJ
- The role requires your onsite presence in our office in Shoreditch, London. You will therefore be needing a work visa or Right to Work in the UK.
- You are more than welcome to submit your application during the holidays. However, please note that we will assess and respond to your application in the second week of January.
We look forward to be reading your application!
Read more about Novicell here